Friday, August 30, 2013

Weekday Supper- Sassy Sausage Jambalaya #weekdaysuper

Getting ready to make sassy sausage Jambalaya
My granny always told me good Southern food can be cooked a thousand ways to Sunday, but great Southern food needs a little sass. I took my granny's advice and added a little sass to my down home Southern comfort food.

One of my favorite comfort foods is sausage jambalaya. I love the richness and spiciness of this classic Southern dish, but for my hungry bunch, I needed something quick and easy.

With only five ingredients you can go from skillet to table in five minutes. 

Ingredients: 
1 cup UNCLE BEN'S® READY RICE® Cajun Style or Red Beans and Rice
1 each red, green, and yellow bell pepper- 1/2 each diced
1 Vidalia onion- 1/2 diced
1 large firm red tomato-1/2 diced
1 16 oz. pkg. smoked sausage 
3 tablespoons butter

Directions:
Add butter to skillet, melt over medium heat
Cut the sausage into 1 inch bite size round pieces
Dice veggies
Place veggies in skillet, saute about 1-2 minutes until the veggies are well married.
Add smoked sausage(do not let sausage fry). Cook until juices pop.
Place rice in microwave per package directions and add to veggie-sausage mixture.
Continue to simmer about 3 minutes to let the flavors blend together.






Enjoy this yummy in your tummy sassy Southern comfort food. Bon appetit y'all!







Sunday Supper Movement

For more yummy in your tummy goodness be sure to stop by to see what my foodie blogger pals have cooked up this week!

4 comments:

Renee said...

I love jambalaya! Nice to see a quick and easy recipe that doesn't take hours to cook.

William Kendall said...

From the ingredients, it sounds tasty!

Catherine Gacad said...

yum, cannot get enough of jambalaya. do you do catering and ship to san francisco?

Kalyan Panja said...

Just mouthwatering...looks delicious!

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!