Friday, August 9, 2013

South of the Border Meatloaf


If you live in the South then y'all have probably had meatloaf on Sunday for supper. My mama made a yummy in the tummy meatloaf and so did my granny. I grew up using their recipe, but since I am a sassy Southern cook, I had to sass the recipe up a bit with south of the border meatloaf with a little kick!



Ingredients:
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup Kay's Naturals High Protein Chili Nacho Flavor pretzel breading or similar substitution. 
1 tsp. chili powder
1 cup chili sauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine milk and egg; add to ground beef; mix together with your hands.
Add bread crumbs and chili powder; mix well.
Add 1/2 cup chili sauce; form into a ball.
Turn out into a baking pan or loaf pan.
Cook 30 mins.; remove from heat and drain any grease. Top with 1/2 cup chili sauce,
Place back in oven and cook 30 minutes until done.

This meatloaf is sure to be a family favorite for Sunday supper. Enjoy this yummy in your tummy goodness y'all!

Don't forget the cornbread and dessert!
Mexican Cornbread
Reese's Peanut Butter No Bake Pie

Where I'm Partying:

  Lil\'Luna


Table for 7

Weekend Recipe Link Up Party

10 comments:

Claire @ A Little Claireification said...

Ooh - now that is my kind of meatloaf! Yum!
Lisa, Cindy & I are happy to have you over at our "Best Of The Weekend" party - pinning this to our party board and thanks again for coming to the party!!
Have a great weekend!
xo

Renae C. said...

That sounds really yummy! I haven't ever thought about using pretzel bread before, but I bet it would be delicious!

Krista Bainbridge said...

Great looking recipe - thank you!

Amber Brady said...

I need to make meatloaf more often. My husband loves it & this sounds very tasty! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #25!

~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

William Kendall said...

My mother made it regularly, though not with chili powders...

Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper said...

Yum, I can see making this again and again when the weather turns cooler! I love the addition of the pretzel breading. It sounds fabulous!

Joanne T Ferguson said...

G'day! Never heard of the chili nacho flavor pretzel breading, true!
Wish could come through the screen and taste some now too!
Cheers! Joanne; now on FB too!
View as part of Foodie Friends Friday Party

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

Meatloaf sounds so good right now and this recipe looks amazing!! Yum!

Erin Tableforseven said...

Great recipe..looks yummy!! Thanks for joining us at Share Your Stuff Tuesdays..hope to see you again next week :)

Ericka Breedlove said...

I love trying new meatloaf recipes and this one looks great! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!