Monday, July 22, 2013

Italian Egg Salad Sandwiches



Summertime and egg salad just go together in the South y'all and it's one of my favorite quick summertime throw together meal. I have fond memories of eating egg salad sandwiches when it was so hot my momma made us cold plates for supper. Over the years I've tweaked my mom's recipe to create a yummy in your tummy Italian egg salad that's so good y'all.

Ingredients:
4 boiled eggs-chopped
1/4 red onion-chopped
4-6 cherry tomatoes-quartered
2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons grated parmigiana cheese
1 pkg. Original Hawaiian Sweet Sandwich Buns
salt and pepper to taste

Directions: 
Combine mayonnaise, oregano, parmigiana cheese, salt and pepper, mix well, add chopped eggs, onion, and tomatoes. Chill about 30 minutes. Serve on Original Hawaiian Sweet Sandwich Buns to make yummy in your tummy sandwiches.


Where I'm Partying:
Mixitup
Totally Tasty Tuesdays on Mandy's Recipe Box

What's cooking, love?
Foodie Friends Friday
 Ms. enPlace

9 comments:

Stephanie Boles said...

I reblogged this at my blog, 80 Acres and a Book. Now, I'm going to go and cook up some Italian Egg Salad Sandwiches. Yum!
Thanks for sharing. Blessings

William Kendall said...

A bit different than the usual egg salad sandwiches I'm used to, but since I like all those ingredients to begin with, definitely tempting!

Lisa FlourMeWithLove said...

They look delicious and I bet they taste it too! Thanks for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

Sharon said...

I continue to collect egg salad recipes because I plan on making it soon. I hadn't seen one with tomatoes before. Definitely keeping this one in mind.

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I'm a born and bred Southerner who's never had egg salad! I know, it's hard to believe:-)

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

I love the Italian spin on Egg salad!

Joanne T Ferguson said...

G'day! Certainly a different egg salad, true!
This is now on my list to do; viewing as part of Food Friends Friday Party too!
Cheers! Joanne
http://www.facebook.com/whatsonthelist

Michelle said...

I completely agree. Egg salad does mean summer. My mom used to make sandwiches and let us eat at the picnic table on the patio. As kids, we thought this was a big treat to eat lunch outside! (Never mind that it was a million degrees). Your tweaks are really fun! Thank you for linking with See Ya in the Gumbo--it's nice to have you!

Jeanine B said...

I never thought of going Italian in my egg salad before, but why not? It sounds awesome!!

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!