Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dough Boy Mini Breakfast Pies




I know if your kids are like my nine year old, they get tired of the same old boring breakfast bacon, eggs, and biscuits. Everytime I scrambled an egg, Cameron would run and hide(just kidding). I wanted to run and hide! Being a creative Southern granny , I wanted to add a little sass to boring breakfast.

These quick and easy bacon,eggs,cheese,and chopped spinach mini breakfast pies are easy to make and yummy to eat.



Ingredients:
Pillsbury®Grands!® Homestyle Buttermilk Refrigerated Biscuits(5 ct.)
Green Giant® Chopped Spinach 9 oz
1/2 pkg. 8 oz. shredded Colby Jack cheese (about 4 oz.)
1/2 pound maple bacon
4 large eggs
2 T. butter
pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Separate biscuit dough in half; roll into 3 inch rounds.
Cut bacon into bite size pieces
Add 2 tablespoons butter to skillet, add bacon
Whisk eggs and pepper together and add to skillet.
Cook egg mixture over medium eat; soft scramble.
While egg mixture is cooking, squeeze any excess water from thawed spinach.
Once eggs and bacon are done, remove from heat.
Add to 1/2 biscuit dough, top with 2 tablespoons spinach, and two tablespoons cheese.
Place other half of biscuit dough on top and crimp edges; top with cheese.
Bake as directed; about 10 minutes.


Be sure to check out the other bacon recipes from the Food Bloggers this week:


<!-- end InLinkz script --

7 comments:

Hanna said...

Hi there, I'm Hanna. I'm cohosting the Aloha hop this week and just wanted to stop by, say hi and follow your blog :)

http://www.violetlulu.blogspot.com

MikiHope said...

I have seen variations of these on several blogs lately-but I must say your version looks the simplest to make--I like that you use refrigerated dough!!

Butterfly In The Attic said...

I'm a new follower from the blog hop via BlogLovin. I hope you get a chance to follow back at:
http://butterflyintheattic.blogspot.com/2013/08/twitter-tree.html

Have a blessed day
Colleen

Patty Woodland said...

How clever and easy!

Erica Giles said...

Love the spinach bacon combo!

William Kendall said...

Sounds tasty. I don't care for spinich on its own, but as part of something else, like a quiche, it's good.

Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper said...

Yum, I love putting spinach in my eggs and this definitely steps it up a notch!

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!