Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Today is International #Picnic Day!

In the South, we love picnics! Since today is International Picnic Day, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite Southern picnic yummies!

No Southern picnic is a picnic without fried chicken. This yummy fried chicken is sure to be a picnic favorite y'all!

Best EVER Skillet Fried Chicken

Now, y'all can't have a Southern picnic without coleslaw. This is one of my favorite picnic yummies.

Sweet and Sour Coleslaw

Can't have a Southern picnic without the sweet tea y'all!

Pineapple Raspberry Ginger Ale Sweet Tea

What Southern picnic isn't complete without Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Livers. Yummy!

Here's another Southern picnic favorite y'all! Sweet Pea Salad.

For dessert, I've got two yummy in your tummy goodies y'all:

Mississippi Mud Pie
Watermelon No-bake Pie

What y'all waiting for? Let's have a picnic!



11 comments:

Melanie Schemanski said...

Thanks for sharing! Still time for us to picnic for lunch today!

Melanie Schemanski said...

Thanks so much for letting us know. Not too late to pack a picnic lunch today!

Chelle W said...

Great links! Too bad it's raining here today. We love packing lunches and taking them with us when we go for hikes or the beach. Outdoors and food is just a great combination.

Chelle from Oh, just stop already

Laurie Floyd - Steals and Deals for Kids said...

Who knew? May have to pack a picnic and head to the beach just to honor the day!!! ;)

Suzi Satterfield said...

Hmm... Too bad we're having a caterpillar invasion. A picnic lunch would be pretty cool. :)

Lisa Samples said...

I'm coming to your house for a picnic - yum!

Rachel @ Rachel's Giveaways said...

I'm in the South too, but it's too hot to have a picnic around here :)

sandy said...

Was totally drooling until I got to the Chicken Livers. Your recipes look fantastic. I am definitely bookmarking your page and will be back.

Alix S said...

I love picnics! And I love fried chicken! We may need to have a picnic now..

Jinxy and Me said...

Yum yum! I love picnics. They're so fun! That Watermelon No-bake Pie sounds awesome!

William Kendall said...

I have had Mississippi Mud Pie before!

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!