Sunday, June 30, 2013

#SundaySupper Summer BBQ-Pineapple Pudding


Welcome to Sunday Supper. This Sunday we're celebrating Summer BBQ. Our host this week is Jennie at The Messy Baker. So prop y'all's feet up and enjoy some yummy in your tummy summer BBQ dishes and sit a spell at #SundaySupper!


I'm bringing homemade pineapple pudding to the table y'all. Enjoy this yummy dessert.

Pineapple Pudding

Ingredients:
12-oz. pkg. vanilla wafers, divided
1/3 c. sugar
3 T. cornstarch
1/4 t. salt
2-1/2 c. milk
1-1/2 t. vanilla extract
20-oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
8- oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Garnish: pineapple slices, maraschino cherries

Directions:
Layer wafers in a large glass trifle bowl until bottom is covered, reserving 8 to 10 for garnish. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in milk. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens. Add vanilla and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Once mixture is thick, fold in crushed pineapple. Spread pudding mixture over wafers in bowl; let cool. Top pudding with whipped topping. Garnish with pineapple slices, reserved wafers, and cherries.
Serves 6.

Yummy in your tummy y'all!

Be sure to stop by and enjoy some great yummy in your tummy summer BBQ dishes from these Sunday Supper foodies.


SSbadge-150x150
Hot Off the Grill:
On the Side:
Sweet Tooth:
In the Cooler:

Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.



19 comments:

The Ninja Baker said...

Your luscious pudding seems like the perfect dessert for a sultry Southern evening - cool and sweet.

So glad to see you at Sunday Supper, Debra =)

Nicole @ Daily Dish Recipes said...

Oh goodness, this pineapple pudding looks amazing. I'm such a southern girl at heart and this just screams to me. What a fabulous addition to a bbq or actually any meal! :)

Jennifer@ Peanut Butter and Peppers said...

Ohhh, pineapple screams summer! Love your pudding!!!

Kim @ Treats and Trinkets said...

Most definitely yummy in my tummy. I'll take a serving of this please!

Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez said...

I've never tried pineapple pudding before...it's like banana pudding with a fresh, tropical twist. I love it! Sounds so tasty.

Conni Foodiearmywife Dahl Smith said...

Mmmm....I LOVE pineapple, it is one of my favorite fruits. This dessert looks absolutely irresistible!

Tara said...

I love pineapple but have never had it is pudding, yummy!! Thanks for sharing!!

Jen @JuanitasCocina said...

It's like banana pudding, only a million times better!

Renee Goerger said...

Cool and delicious!
Renee - Kudos Kitchen

Liz Berg said...

Oh, I adore pineapple...but I rarely use it in desserts! Your pudding looks so cool, creamy and delicious!!!

Shannon @VillageGirlBlog said...

Yum! I love pineapple and always needs ways to use it.

Family Foodie said...

I love pineapple, and this sounds so yummy! Great treat for a hot summer day!

Carla said...

Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits and pudding is a great dessert, so I love the combination of the two.

Courtney @ Neighborfood said...

Fun!! I love pineapple desserts. So sweet and refreshing.

Sarah Reid said...

So cool! never heard of pineapple pudding!

Soni said...

Such a tasty treat and perfect for summer :) Cannot wait to try!!!

Chef Di said...

Debra... I LOVE this recipe! And lots of love went into it, I can tell. Can't wait to try it!

Cindys Recipes and Writings said...

Pineapple pudding sounds so good right now!

William Kendall said...

I think my mother made something very similar to this recipe.

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!