Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Italian Salmon Patties with Red Sauce

Okay, this Southern granny has lost her mind! Y'all are probably thinking what's the deal with Italian salmon patties and red sauce?

I love salmon patties, but it's a task just getting my picky family to eat healthy. Canned salmon is a staple in my pantry and I'm always trying to come up with new ways to serve this yummy in your tummy fish. Italian salmon patties with red sauce is a brand new recipe I created and let my tell you my picky family love it and y'all's will too! It's so yummy in your tummy good.

These yummy salmon patties are easy to make with just a few ingredients you have on hand in your pantry.

What's great about this salmon mixture, y'all can make ahead and chill before using. Also, if you don't want to cook the salmon, y'all can use it in a salad or serve on crostini.

Salmon Patties:

Ingredients:
1 15 oz. canned salmon
1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cloves garlic-minced
1 tsps. fresh oregano leaves-chopped
1 tsps. lemon pepper
1 tsps. fresh chives-chopped
oil for cooking

Directions:
Drain salmon and flake, place in mixing bowl. Add bread crumbs and flour, mix well. Fold in sour cream and minced garlic, mix well. Add your seasonings.  Y'all want to make sure you have a nice form, like when making a meatloaf.

To form the patties, scoop the mixture into a lightly sprayed ice-cream scoop and roll in flour, flatten the patty. Heat oil in skillet and add 2-3 patties at a time to hot oil(y'all don't want to crowd the skillet). Cook on both sides until golden brown, drain on paper towel, serve with red sauce. Makes about 6-8(enough to feed y'all's hungry crowd). While the salmon patties are still hot, sprinkle with oregano.

Red Sauce:
1/2 cup whole sour cream
1/2 cup fire roasted tomatoes-with liquid
1 clove garlic
1 tsps. fennel

Blend all ingredients in blender until well mixed. You can warm or cold. Y'all can add more to taste.

Happy eatin' y'all!


Hey y'all, here's where I'm sharing some yummy in your tummy goodness!
 

Lil\'Luna
Whip It Up Wednesday Handmade Linky Party



Weekend Bloggy Reading

Addicted Button 2, Addicted to Recipes Butoon, v@
mop it up mondays
Jam Hands

6 comments:

Leettle Baby said...

These sound awesome! Any idea on how you would go about making these with frozen salmon? I have a huge bag of it in the freezer that I have no idea what to do with?

Lindsey said...

I'm not big on fish, but these sound like I might like them! I know my girls would.

Amber S. Easy Green Mama said...

My boys would like these! They love fishy foods, but I've never been big on the Fish. These look pretty easy to make too! Thanks For Sharing!

cooking with curls said...

These sound wonderful, I have never heard of salmon patties before :) I will have to try these!

Lynn Huntley said...

These sound delicious~ Haven't made salmon patties in for-ever! Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

William Kendall said...

I'm admittedly one who avoids seafood, but that sauce seems to be something one might tranfer over to other meats.

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!