Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sweet and Sour Coleslaw

I learned to make coleslaw from my mama ya'll. Well, mama's probably rolling over in her grave because I deviated from the traditional family recipe. Mama used Kraft mayo and seasoning salt in her recipe, but I love the taste of sour cream and fennel seeds.



Ingredients:
2 cups green and red cabbage-shredded
2 chopped green onions
1/4 cup  red wine vinegar
6 oz. pineapple juice
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fennel or poppy seeds

Directions:
Combine wet ingredients, whisk well, add fennel seeds, whisk, add to cabbage and chopped onions, toss well. Serve chilled.


You can make ahead and let chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Enjoy this yummy in your tummy coleslaw ya'll!


I'm partying here y'all!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yum! I've never put pineapple juice in a coleslaw before, will have to try it next time :)

Marlys @thisandthat said...

I love coleslaw and this recipe is different then any I have tried before but I am thinking I would like it. A great picnic food. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!