Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sassy Southwestern Tortilla's

It's a lazy Sunday here in Granny's kitchen y'all. Today I'm cooking up a quick and easy Southwestern tortilla. I love tortilla's and even though it's not a down home Southern dish it's still yummy in your tummy y'all.


Ingredients:
1 15 1/4 oz. can Mexican kernel corn-drained

1 16 oz. can refried beans
1 large tomato-chopped
1 medium onion-chopped
1 pkg. Pioneer Brand Southwestern meatloaf mix
Shredded Mexican cheese
1 small can green chili's-optional
6-8 flour tortilla's
corn oil for cooking

Directions:
Add about 1 tablespoon oil to large cast iron skillet. Over medium heat, combine onion and tomato, cook until tender, add corn, refried beans and seasoning, cook about 3-4 minutes, remove to bowl. Rinse out skillet and prepare tortilla's according to pkg. directions. Fill individual tortilla's with about 1/4 cup refried bean mixture, top with shredded cheese and chili's, fold tortilla's and serve with guacamole if desired.



Enjoy this lazy summer Sunday with a little bit of sassy Southwestern y'all!

This week I'm partying here:

I Heart Nap Time

Addicted to Recipes Button, Page button


It's Overflowing
apinchofjoy.com
Making the World Cuter Monday

I Gotta Try That
Photobucket


Made It By Monday Link Party


Nutmeg Place








16 comments:

Ellen B Cookery said...

YUM! This looks delicious. By the way, it's taking a very long time to log onto your posts. (Your page may be too busy with downloaded links.... the only thing I can see is This week I'm partying here and a bunch of empty boxes with a ? inside).

Chatón said...

OK. I don't think that this looks appetizing at all. However, it sounds really tasty and easy. I'm going with it's just not a good photo. I might have to try it! Besides, I know that Southern girls pride themselves on good cooking! Your newest follower (on GFC and Networked) from Chaton's World at http://chatpnsworld.blogspot.com. Come check me out!

LuAnn Braley said...

Sounds yummy, and we're always looking for things to toss in tortillas. Seriously, we have use tortillas at least as much as bread, maybe more! Visitng from the Exposure 99% Weekday Hop.

Feel free to visit me at Back Porchervations anytime!

Earning-My-Cape said...

Mmm! That looks simple and yummy!
Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party!!

Kim@Chubby Cheeks Thinks said...

Yummy! Have to add this to my menu list! And I just wanted to say thank you so much for linking up for my hop! I'm a follower! :)

Kim
Chubby Cheeks Thinks

Daisy TrendyMomReviews said...

New follower! Looking forward to reading more! Thanks for stopping by my site too.

Daisy @ http://trendymomreviews.blogspot.com

Garage Sales R Us said...

Hey there! I am visiting from the Thee Blog Hop. I am a little late but I just wanted to stop by! I am a new follower! I blog over at http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ hope you will stop by and do the same. I have an awesome giveaway going on with a Cricut machine! I would Love it if you would stop by and enter!

Robin

Dalayna Dillon said...

Stopping by to say hi from the GFC blog hop last week. So glad to meet you! Looking forward to following your blog. Hope you are having a great start to the week!

Kerry Fountain said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog- Country Living On A Hill....I am returning the favor! New follower! I love recipes so I am exciting to check out your blog

MartinRMeyers said...

Hey there! I just added myself to your followers for support, and I wanted to invite you to follow back maybe and check out awesome Gift-card Giveaway I’m having right now!

Hope to see you there, and thank you!

http://www.meyersauthor.com/2012/07/giveaway-enter-and-win-5000-gift-card.html

Full Circle Creations said...

Looks and sounds great! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

Holly

Amber @ The Cook's Sister said...

What a fantastic tortilla! The combination of flavours sounds delicious!

Carole said...

Great post. I found this through Turning the Clock Back's What's Cooking Wednesday. I have linked in a post about some home-made steak burgers I did. Have a lovely week.

Kim Bee said...

Love tortillas way too much.

Charlene@aPinchofJoy said...

Tortillas and lazy Sundays are always good! Thanks for linking on Busy Monday! Hope to see you again soon!

Kaylee said...

Those look amazing!

Thanks so much for sharing at Mealtime Monday! Can't wait to see what you link up tonight!

Kaylee
www.couponingncooking.com

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!