Friday, July 6, 2012

Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes

In the South ya'll there ain't nothing as good as homemade mashed potatoes. Now my mama could make melt in your mouth mashed potatoes to die for. I loved her potatoes. I used her recipe, but have incorporated some special ingredients to give my mashed potatoes a little kick in the pants flavor.

Ingredients:
6-8 large russet potatoes, peeled, rinsed and cubed
1 8 oz container sour cream
1/2 stick butter
chopped chives(to taste)


Directions:
Bring water and about a hand full of salt to rolling boil in large boiler over medium-high heat, add potatoes, cook about an hour or until tender. Drain and add sour cream, butter, and milk in bowl. Mash together in mixer, add chives.

If you want creamier mashed potatoes add more milk.

This yummy in your tummy dish compliments fried chicken, so dig in ya'll!

Where I am partying this week-end:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!