Welcome to the ya'll to the grand opening of Granny's Down Home Southern Cooking!
I hope ya'll enjoy my first mouth watering, yummy in your tummy recipe.
One thing we love to eat in the South ya'll is chicken livers. I love mine fried, but my grandson loves to fish with them ya'll!
I created this recipe because I do love my fried chicken livers, green onions and feta cheese.
This recipe is simple and calls for only a few ingredients. It's easy to fix and yummy in your tummy too!
For this recipe use a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 container Chicken livers
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 scallion or green onion
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- olive oil
- 1 small container feta cheese
- tomato basil seasoning
- 1 garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain chicken livers(you can rinse them off), coat with tomato basil seasoning. Add 4 tablespoons olive oil and chopped garlic clove to skillet and sauté chicken livers until done. Remove from skillet, do not drain. Place in a bowl covered with plastic wrap and set in refrigerator until chilled(about 5 minutes) Chop chilled chicken livers into bite size pieces.
- Next, tear the spinach from stems, discard stems.
- Chop scallion or green onion into small pieces(use all of the scallion or green onion.)
- Mix vegetables together and sauté in 2 tbsp. olive oil until spinach is wilted. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- Add half of feta cheese to chopped chicken livers, mix throughly.
- Toss sautéed vegetables into liver mixture.
- Lightly coat baking pan with olive oil and tomato basil seasoning, place liver mixture evenly into baking pan.
- Remove crescent dough from can, roll rectangles into thin sheets.
- Place enough pieces of dough to cover mixture. Lightly coat dough with olive oil-tomato basil seasoning. Bake 15 minutes,or until crust is golden brown, remove from oven, sprinkle remaining feta cheese on top and place under broiler until cheese melts.
- 8 oz. Greek yogurt-strained
- 1 tablespoon tomato basil seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Whisk together, serve chilled.
This recipe was shared over at
Wednesday's Recipe Box Linky